Here are the things that I'm thinking about.
1. I don't think I can get in amazing shape in 15 days. I was feeling pretty good about my chances when it was 21, even 19 days. But 15? I don't think I'll be as toned and tight and sculpted as I hoped. What a disappointment.
2. I do think I should start packing.
Chick-fil-a nuggets and fries. Wendy's frosty. Big decision, the whole "what to eat in the Atlanta airport immediately after we land".
4. I can probably get into halfway decent shape in 15 days if I do some sort of sugar detox or something. But why?
5. Cloth diapering has been awesome for us. But it is not travel friendly. I don't have room in my suitcase for those fluffy dipes. Plus, there's Target. So...disposables it is!
6. I am worried that Olive will think she's been abandoned. We've never left her for this long.
7. I am worried that Olive will be so excited upon our return, she'll pee all over everything.
8. I decided I shouldn't start packing. The better plan is to pack hardly anything so that a massive shopping trip is necessary. Mmm, yes.
9. I realize I'm breaking a social media cardinal rule by sharing when we'll be out of town. But I also realize we live in a military community and our military neighbors will be keeping an eye on our house. So I wouldn't mess with that.
10. Mexican food. Sushi. Waffle House. Chick-fil-a. In no particular order, but all equally essential.
11. Things I'm concerned about: 1) traffic. We don't have it where we live. I am not looking forward to Atlanta traffic. 2) Flying with a baby. I'm just really really nervous about it. 3) Jetlag. With a baby.
14. Oh my goodness. Nail salons. I cannot wait to get a (few) good mani/pedi. In a salon. With a massage chair. Baby with the grandparents. See you in
15. Mostly, I'm just thrilled for this opportunity to get back "home" for a little bit. It's Z's first time back since we've been in Germany...almost 2 years. It will be Zoe's first (of hopefully many) trip to her Oma and Opa's and Mimi and Poppy's houses. We'll get to see old friends and spend tons of time with our families. We'll be together as a little family. I just can't wait. Yeah, there's a certain level of anxiety involved. But I think it will be a good, relaxing, refreshing time for us. And I am oh so excited.
Bonus 16. It occurs to me that with all of the food-focusing we'll be doing while we're home, I should really wait until we come back to Germany to get in shape. So that's definitely what I'll do. Probably. Either way, I think I'm off the hook for the next 15 days. What a relief.